The 2021 Toys for Tots drive in Northeast Wisconsin is officially over after U.S. Marines collected their last curbside donation in downtown Green Bay Wednesday night. The lobby of the WBAY Building was filled to the corners with new, unwrapped toys that will make Christmas merry for countless children in Northeast Wisconsin who might otherwise wake up to nothing under their tree Christmas morning.
Although this was the last day for Toys for Tots, if you happen across a toy that you forgot to donate, you can bring it to the Salvation Army Children’s Learning Center in Menasha, 1525 Appleton Road. For the next three days, the Salvation Army center will be sorting all of the gifts donated in the Valley and preparing them for distribution.
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you to all of the generous people, groups and businesses contributing to the success of the U.S. Marine Corps’ annual holiday mission.
Yes, Wisconsin, there is a Santa Claus, and he lives in the generosity of every one of us. Make glad the heart of childhood by answering the call to help TOYS FOR TOTS so that boys and girls, infant to teen, will find a present under their tree this Christmas.
WBAY-TV is proud to again help the U.S. Marine Corps carry on a decades-long tradition started by a Marine reservist in 1947. Look for drop-off boxes in the WBAY Building lobby in downtown Green Bay and participating businesses all over Northeast Wisconsin (scroll down for a list and map of locations).
The toys are distributed to children in the area where they’re donated … giving a child not just a gift under the tree but a message of hope and motivation to grow into responsible citizens and community leaders.
Each year the holidays are made brighter for children in our communities with the support of volunteers and the generosity of thousands in Northeast Wisconsin. Thank you in advance for bringing a smile to children’s faces on Christmas Day and creating memories.
2021 DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
The 2021 Toys for Tots drive ends with LAST CALL. Please thank these businesses for helping!
- Olejneczak Realty, 375 W. St. Joseph St.
- YMCA Broadview, 380 Broadview Dr.
- AAA, 160 S. McCarthy Rd.
- The Academy, 220 W. Northland Ave.
- Advance America, W3165 Van Roy Rd., Ste. 4
- American Legion Post 38, 3220 W. College Ave.
- American National Bank-Fox Cities, 2200 N. Richmond St.
- Anytime Fitness, W3171 Springfield Dr.
- Apple Creek YMCA, 2851 E. Apple Creek Rd.
- Appleton YMCA, 218 E. Lawrence St.
- Appleton Bicycle Shop, 121 S. State St.
- Appleton Harley-Davidson, 5322 Clairemont Dr.
- Associated Bank NA, 2701 N. Richmond St.
- Associated Bank NA, 1195 N. Casaloma Dr.
- Associated Bank NA, W3122 Cty. Rd. KK
- Associated Bank NA, 2175 S. Memorial Dr.
- Baird, 3913 W. Prospect Ave., Ste. 301
- Batteries Plus, 3719 E. Calumet St.
- Bazil’s Pub, 109 W. College Ave.
- Chain Reaction Cyclery, 818 Superior St.
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 1050 N. Lynndale Dr.
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 2850 E. John Street
- Cornerstone Financial Group, 158 E Northland Avenue
- Cousineau Cars, 2225 W. Nordale Dr.
- Crazy Sweet, 514 W. College Ave.
- Darboy Family Chiropractic, W5669 County Road
- D & M Interior Flooring, 309 Allegiance Ct.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Appleton, 150 S. Nicolet Rd.
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, 501 E. Wisconsin Ave.
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, 1501 N. Casaloma Dr.
- Encircle Health Center, 2500 E. Capitol Dr.
- Engage Orthodontics, 2001 S. Matthias St.
- Evans Title Companies, 330 W. College Ave.
- Expert Real Estate Partners LLC, 613 N. Lynndale Dr.
- Eye Mart, 2600 W. College Ave.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Appleton, 130 S. Nicolet Rd.
- Fleet Farm, 3035 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 3401 E. Calumet St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2531 Highway Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1724 S. Lawe St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 610 E. Wisconsin Ave.
- Fox Valley Cab, 719 W. Frances St.
- Game Day Sports Bar, N225 Stoney Brook Rd.
- Gnome Games, W3169 Van Roy Rd.
- Gustman Motor Company, 2400 W. Spencer St.
- Heart of the Valley Travel, N120 Main St.
- Herrling Clark Law Firm Ltd., 800 N. Lynndale Dr.
- Johnson Financial Group, 222 W. College Ave.
- Integrity Mortgage Group, 1314 W. College Ave., Ste. 2
- Knight Barry, 5697 Grande Market Dr.
- Kolosso Toyota, 3000 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Kountry Bar, N3095 County Rd. A
- Les Stumpf Ford, 3030 W. College Ave.
- Lillian’s, 115 E. College Ave.
- Menards - East, 3300 E. Express Court
- Menards - West, 5105 W. Integrity Way
- NEW Fusion Dance Studio, 3345 W. College Ave.
- New Title Services, 5355 Schroth Ln.
- North Shore Bank, 1100 W. Northland Ave.
- Old National Bank, 1220 W. Northland Ave.
- Outagamie County Courthouse, 320 S. Walnut St.
- Outagamie County Sheriff’s Office, 3030 E. Goodland Dr.
- Outagamie County U.S. Extension, 3365 W. Brewster St.
- Play & Grow Learning Center- Appleton, 1220 Mayflower Dr.
- Play & Grow Learning Center- Appleton, W2633 Barney Court
- Rennes Health and Rehab, 325 E. Florida Ave.
- Russ Darrow Direct, 4400 W. College Ave.
- SagePoint Financial, W6110 Aerotech Dr., Ste. A
- Schmitt Title, 900 W. College Ave.
- Schubbe Resch Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, 2200 S. Kensington Dr.
- SERVPRO of Appleton, 2235 Northern Rd.
- Silver Tuna Tattoo & Piercing, 3003 W. Prospect Ave., Ste. 103
- Strong Chiropractic, 1801 N. Richmond St.
- Suess Electronics LLC, 2520 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- TC8 Deals, 2603 W. College Ave.
- Tetting & Tetting Dental, 901 W. Association Dr.
- Think Hallmark Real Estate, 2324 W. Spencer St.
- Valley Eye Associates, 21 Park Pl.
- Valley Eye Associates, 2100 S. Kensington Dr.
- Valley Eye Associates, 2500 E. Capitol Dr.
- Van Vreede’s, 2450 W. College Ave.
- Verve, A Credit Union, 1435 Oneida St.
- Walgreens, 729 W. Northland Ave.
- Walgreens, 2803 N. Mead St.
- WeMeraki, 1737 N. Casaloma Dr.
- Wisconsin Building Supply, 222 N. Lilas Dr.
- Wisconsin Distributors, 3010 Zuehlke Dr.
- The Wishing Well, 2709 E. Newberry
- Your CBD Store-Appleton, 3402 N. Richmond St., Unit B
- Ashwaubenon Village Hall, 2155 Holmgren Way
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2170 S. Ashland Ave.
- Framemakers, 2162 S. Ridge Rd.
- Gnome Games, 2160 S. Ridge Rd.
- Pella Windows & Doors, 500 Pilgrim Way
- Sammy’s Pizza, 2161 S. Oneida St.
- School House, 770 Willard Dr.
- Western Racquet & Fitness Club, 2500 S. Ashland Ave.
- Brown County Sheriff’s Office, 2684 Development Dr.
- DeBauche Communications Services, 2676 Noel Dr.
- The Wishing Well on A, N4510 County Rd. A
- Coldwell Banker, the Real Estate Group, 964 W. Ryan St.
- Fox Valley Technical College, 1200 E. Chestnut St.
- Kamps Grill & Bar, 303 Williams St.
- Associated Bank, 749 Main Ave.
- Back in Action Chiropractic, 500 Main Ave., Suite A
- Belmark, 600 Heritage Rd.
- Cornerstone Mortgage, 1494 Mid Valley Dr.
- Delorey Chiropractic, 1488 Mid Valley Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 515 Redbird Circle
- Healthy Horizons, 586 Redbird Circle
- Kids Dental Experts, 1926 Dickinson Rd.
- Menards, 1313 Lawrence Dr.
- NexStep Financial, 1540 Main Ave., Suite A
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 1025 Main Ave.
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 565 Swan Rd.
- Resource One Realty, 1740 E. Matthew Dr.
- Uncle Mike’s Bake Shoppe, 1840 Dickinson Rd.
- Walgreens, 901 Main Ave.
- Walgreens, 150 S. Wisconsin St.
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, N3947 Columbia Ave.
- The Automobile Gallery, 400 S. Adams St.
- Bay Settlement BP, 2278 Bay Settlement Rd.
- Coldwell Banker (Jill & Co. Real Estate), 745 Ontario Rd.
- Dental Associates, 430 Main St.
- Fleet Farm, 213 N. Taylor St.
- Fleet Farm, 2460 Main St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 505 Clinton St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 807 Day St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1820 Main St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 411 S. Military Ave.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2521 Steffens Ct.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 3139 Voyager Dr.
- Gnome Games, 1683 E. Mason St.
- H.J. Martin and Son, 320 S. Military Ave.
- Kids Dental Experts, 125 Siegler St.
- Kroc Center, 1315 Lime Kiln Rd.
- Menards, 2560 Steffens Ct.
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, 111 N. Washington St., Suite 410
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 2235 Main St.
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 1487 W. Mason St.
- Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St.
- Schroeder’s Flowers, 1530 S. Webster Ave.
- Walgreens, 1995 Main St.
- Walgreens, 1165 W. Mason St.
- Walgreens, 116 N. Military Ave.
- Walgreens, 2204 University Ave.
- WBAY Lobby, 115 S. Jefferson St.
- Willow Cove Dental, 1195 W. Mason St.
- YMCA Downtown, 235 N. Jefferson St.
- YMCA East, 1740 S. Huron Rd.
- Play & Grow Learning Center, N1673 Municipal Dr.
- Fox West YMCA, W6931 School Rd.
- Dental Associates, 2340 Duck Creek Parkway
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2525 Lineville Rd.
- Howard Dental Center, 2140 Velp Ave.
- Menards, 2300 Woodman Dr.
- YMCA West, 601 Cardinal Ln.
- Associated Bank NA, 205 E. 4th Street
- The Bank of Kaukauna, 264 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Clear Approach Optometry SC, 1901 Crooks Ave., Ste. C
- Heart of the Valley Dance Academy, 1921 Lehrer Ln.
- Kaukauna Utilities, 777 Island St.
- Recyclist Bike Shop, 631 Saunders Rd.
- Tommy G’s, 107 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, 220 W. Kimberly Ave.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 528 S. Washington St.
- Heart of the Valley YMCA, 225 W. Kennedy Ave.
- Tanners Grill & Bar, 730 S. Railroad St.
- Tigers Tavern, 116 W. Kimberly Ave.
- BLC Community Bank, 206 E. Main St.
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, 1805 E. Main St.
- Elipticon Wood Products Inc., 600 Moasis Dr.
- The Ladder House, 130 E. Main St.
- Simon’s Specialty Cheese, 2735 Freedom Rd.
- Trilliant Food & Nutrition, 1101 Moasis Dr.
- Discovery Toys, 2134 S. 9th St.
- Pigeon River Brewing Co., 1103 N. Main St.
- Martenson & Eisele Inc., 1377 Midway Road
- Menasha Senior Center, 116 Main St.
- Mid-Valley Dental, 903 E. Airport Rd.
- North Shore Bank, 1500 Appleton Rd.
- Pedersen Law Office, 3010 S. Appleton Rd.
- Ultimate Fusion Athletics R&B Training Center, 1670 Drum Corps Dr.
- Advance Auto Parts, 1005 Winneconne Ave.
- Associated Bank NA, 100 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Bergstrom Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, 150 N. Green Bay Rd.
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 105 E. Bell St.
- Cranked Bicycle-Neenah, 407 S. Green Bay Rd.
- Evergreen Credit Union, 1500 American Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1151 Westowne Dr.
- Fox Valley Stone and Brick, 1745 Breezewood Ln.
- Holidays Pub & Grill, 1395 W. American Dr.
- Krueger True Value, 999 W. Winneconne Ave.
- Metro Motorcycle, 1020 American Dr., Ste. 1
- Neenah-Menasha YMCA, 110 W. North Water St.
- Old National Bank, 971 S. Green Bay Rd.
- Pyramid Foods, 1060 Breezewood Ln.
- State Farm - Josh Carter Agency, 1108 Breezewood Ln.
- Strong Chiropractic, 1426 S. Commercial St.
- Verve, a Credit Union, 640 S. Green Bay Rd.
- Verve, a Credit Union, 110 W. Bell St.
- Red’s Piggly Wiggly, 142 Alder Ave.
- Altitude Nutrition 1024 W. 20th Ave.
- Anytime Fitness, 312 N. Koeller St.
- Aquire Restoration Inc., 2625 S. Washburn St.
- Associated Bank NA, 10 W. Murdock Ave.
- Associated Bank NA, 1765 W. 20th Ave.
- Azure Memory Care, 2220 Brookview Ct.
- Bergstrom GM, 355 N. Washburn St.
- EAA Museum, 3000 Poberezny Rd.
- Edward Jones Investment Officer, 141 Church Ave.
- First Weber Realtors, 601 S. Oregon St.
- Fleet Farm, 177 N. Washburn St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1275 South Dr.
- Fox Valley Savings Bank, 1700 W. 20th St.
- Fredrick’s Hallmark Shop, 1928 Koeller St.
- Hexco Motorsports, 2794 Marine Dr.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 1355 W. 20th Ave.
- Hometown Pharmacy, 321 Sawyer St.
- LaSures Banquet Hall, 3125 S. Washburn St.
- Lowe’s, 1075 N. Washburn St.
- Marine Corps League Clubhouse, 4715 Sherman Rd.
- Menards, 2351 Westowne Ave.
- Miller’s Daycare, 1174 Elmhurst Ln.
- Nekimi Cabinetry, 2277 Clairville Rd.
- Nicolet National Bank, 1041 N. Westhaven Dr.
- Old National Bank, 420 S. Koeller St.
- Oshkosh Community Credit Union, 250 Pearl Ave.
- Oshkosh Herald, 923 S. Main St.
- RE/MAX on the Water, 814 Knapp St.
- Richards Insurance, 48 N. Oakwood Rd.
- Skipper Buds, 1351 Egg Harbor Ln.
- Strong Chiropractic, 2100 Omro Road, Ste B
- Valley Eye Associates, 719 Doctor’s Court
- Van Vreede’s, 285 S. Washburn
- Verve, a Credit Union, 2900 Universal Dr.
- Verve, a Credit Union, 215 W. Murdock St.
- Verve, a Credit Union, 750 Witzel Ave.
- Verve, a Credit Union, 1065 N. Washburn St.
- Winnebago Credit Union, 2060 Witzel Ave.
- Winnebago Credit Union, 567 E. Snell Rd.
- Winnegamie Home Builders Association, 4041 State Rd. 91, Ste. A
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1061 Corporate Way
- Play & Grow Learning Center, W450 Clifton Rd.
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 2300 Lineville Rd.
- Uncle Mike’s Bake Shoppe, 2514 Lineville Rd.
WE ACCEPT DELIVERIES
If you’d prefer to do your toy shopping from the comfort and safety of your home, WBAY will accept package deliveries. Donations will go around the tree in the WBAY Building lobby before being distributed by the U.S. Marines and Salvation Army. Shop online at any store you choose and have the toys shipped to us:
Attn: Toys for Tots
115 S. Jefferson St.
Green Bay, WI 54301
If the store only gives you one line for the recipient, please use “WBAY Attn Toys for Tots” or something similar. Toys sent to us will be distributed in the greater Green Bay area.
How Toys for Tots began
In 1947, the wife of a U.S. Marine Corps reservist handcrafted a doll and asked her husband to take it to an organization that would give it to a needy child for Christmas. Major (later Colonel) Bill Hendricks couldn’t find one, so at his wife’s urging and a group of Marine Reservists in Los Angeles started one. It was so successful, the Marine Corps adopted it in 1948 and it spread to Marine Corps Reserve units nationwide and received publicity from Hollywood celebrities (it didn’t hurt that Hendricks’s weekday job was head of Public Relations for Warner Brothers Studio).
In 1948, animator Walt Disney designed the Toys for Tots logo still in use today.
Starting in 1980, Toys for Tots began accepting only new toys. Three things precipitated this move: 1) Changes in defense that required more training for Marine Reservists, so they had less time to refurbish used toys; 2) Growing public awareness of safety and health issues with older toys; 3) A feeling that giving hand-me-down toys didn’t give underprivileged children the message Marines wanted to send them on Christmas Day.
In 1991, acting on U.S. Secretary of Defense authorization, the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation was created to be the fund-raising and support arm of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.
In 1995, the Secretary of Defense declared toys for Tots an official activity of the Marine Corps and official mission of the Marine Corps Reserve.
Toys for Tots has been named Readers Digest’s “Best Children’s Charity”; met all 20 standards for the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance; and for years has received Charity Navigator’s highest rating, four stars, for its sound fiscal management.
Source: Toys for Tots Foun