NORTHEAST WISCONSIN (WBAY) - Getting kids dressed for school won’t be easy for every family when colder weather comes.
To make sure every child has a warm coat this winter, WBAY and Cumulus radio stations are teaming up with the Salvation Army and area partners for the 31st annual Coats for Kids collection drive.
Monday, September 10, through Friday, November 2, donate a new or gently used coat for toddlers, kids and teens. New or gently used mittens and hats are needed, too.
Look through your closets and boxes and bins in your basements or attics.
Bring your donations to one of the many drop-off site in Northeast Wisconsin listed below. Our partners will take care of cleaning the coats, mittens and hats and distributing them to kids all over Northeast Wisconsin.
Families who need winter clothing should contact the Salvation Army to register.
Other opportunities to donate:
• Wednesday, Oct. 3: Papa Murphy’s Dough-Raising Day, donating a percentage of each take and bake pizza sale to buy new coats
• Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6 and 7: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Chilton corn maze at N2564 Highway 151 gives children free admission or adults half-price admission with a coat donation
• Saturday, Oct. 13: Appleton Farm Market and Oshkosh Farmer's Market are both accepting donations from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 20: Cumulus Broadcasting and Salvation Army collecting coats at Bay Park Square from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Dates for coat collections at Fox River Mall in Grand Chute and Forest Mall in Fond du Lac are to be determined.
• On days of Packers games, make donations at Green Bay Distillery during "Green Bay Game Day on The Fan" pre-game show
• On days of Packers home games, play Plinko for cash donations to Coats for Kids at the Star 98 Bart Starr Plaza Tailgate Party
Check back, as we’ll add drop-off sites and donation opportunities as they’re announced.