WEYAUWEGA, Wis. (WBAY) - The Weyauwega Public Works building and homes immediately next to well station #44 were evacuated Monday afternoon when leaking chlorine gas was discovered.
Public Works staff detected the chlorine gas leak from the well house just before 2:30 and called 911.
Weyauwega Police & Fire, the Waupaca County Sheriff's Office, Waupaca County Emergency Management and Gold Cross Ambulance secured the area.
Two Public Works employees were checked by ambulance paramedics as a precaution. No one was injured by the gas leak.
The city administrator says the leak was caused by a valve that malfunctioned. It's been replaced.