Two Northeast Wisconsin companies to work on Foxconn plant
Two Northeast Wisconsin companies have been chosen to work on the Foxconn plant.
is a veteran-owned trucking company in Seymour.
will provide materials for the plant.
Panacea Group and Neenah Foundry will share $100 million in grants with 26 other companies chosen to work on the $10 billion technology plant going up in Southeast Wisconsin.
One of the companies is based in Illinois.
“Today we are seeing more of the Foxconn Bonus throughout Wisconsin,” said Governor Scott Walker. “It is clear that Foxconn is putting Wisconsin first with its 27 selected in-state subcontractors for Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park’s first phase of development. It is great to see Wisconsin businesses and working families from all over our state benefitting from this historic investment.”
Foxconn is expected to break ground this summer on the plant in Mount Pleasant, near Racine. The plant will manufacture LCD flat screens.
The state passed a $3 billion tax incentives package for the Taiwanese company, which has promised to create 13,000 jobs.
Foxconn has been approved to move seven million gallons of water from Lake Michigan for the Foxconn campus. Water that is not lost to evaporation must be returned to the lake, according to the Great Lakes Compact. Some estimates say that could add up to the loss of nearly three million gallons.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has threatened to sue the EPA for exempting Racine County from strict ozone standards. If not exempted, Foxconn would have had to take steps to reduce its pollution.
FULL LIST OF SUBCONTRACTORS AND SUPPLIERS:
· Hoffman Construction Company, Mass Excavation, Storm Water Management, Erosion Control (Black River Falls)
· Michels Corporation, Aggregate and Underdrain (Brownsville)
· W. Oakes and Sons, Aggregate and Earthwork (Racine)
· Environmental Control Inc., Erosion Control (Franksville)
· Northway Fence, Site Fence (Menomonee Falls)
· Metro Security, Site Security (Racine)
· Payne & Dolan, Asphalt Paving (Waukesha)
· Kapur Associates, Surveying (Burlington) – Minority Owned Business
· Heider & Bott Company, Material Supplier (Milwaukee) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
· County Materials Corporation, Material Manufacturer (Marathon)
· Neenah Foundry Company, Material Manufacturer (Neenah)
· George Schroeder Trucking, Trucking (Burlington)
· Panacea Group, LLC, Trucking (Seymour) – Veteran Owned Business
· MJM Truckin LLC, Trucking (Nekoosa) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
· Tremmel-Anderson Trucking LLC, Trucking (Sussex) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
· CASE Construction Equipment, Equipment Manufacturer (Racine)
· Fabick CAT Racine Rents, Equipment Rental (Sturtevant)
· Otter Sales and Service, Equipment Rental (Burlington)
· Super Aggregates, Aggregate (Waterford)
· Vizcaino's Trucking LLC, Trucking (Oconomowoc) – Minority Owned Business
· Hribar Corporation, Equipment Rental (Sturtevant)
· Lannon Stone, Aggregate (Sussex)
· Johnson Sand and Gravel, Aggregate (New Berlin)
· Quick Fuel Fleet Services, Fuel (Milwaukee)
· Gestra Engineering, Soils Testing Work (Milwaukee) – Minority Owned Business
· Terracon, Soils Testing Work (Franklin)
· Pac-Van, Support Trailers (Sturtevant)