Grand Chute police identify man and woman found dead of gunshot wounds


WBAY Photo

Grand Chute Police have released the names of two people found dead inside a home earlier this week.

Police identified the male victim as Koua Xiong, 40, and the female victim as Se Chang-Xiong, 36.

Police have determined the cause of death to be gunshot wounds. Investigators are still working to determine the reason for their deaths.

On Monday morning, the Xiongs were found dead inside a locked bedroom in their home at 2013 W. Roberts Ave. A gun was found near the bodies, police say.

The department says the case is an active investigation, but they don't believe the public is at risk.

"This is an isolated incident. We do not believe that the public is in any sort of danger," says Officer Travis Waas, Grand Chute Police.

Police were asked to perform a welfare check at the home and found the bodies Monday at 5:54 a.m.

Action 2 News visited the W. Roberts neighborhood Tuesday. An officer told us family had gathered at the home to collect personal items. Neighbors said a candlelight vigil was held at the home Monday night.

Some neighbors were unaware something had happened at the home until they saw it on the news.

One neighbor who knew the Xiong family told us she's surprised and saddened by the news.

"They're a very nice family. My husband, when he was living, used to sit out in the garage a lot and that gentleman over there would come over and visit with him every once in a while, and they're a very nice family," said Eva Delfosse.

Action 2 News will update this story as we get new information.

Monday was an emotional day for the Grand Chute Police Department. In addition to this case, officers were called to the 3200-block of W. Fourth St. for a report of a baby who was unconscious and wasn't breathing. Police and fire personnel and Gold Cross Ambulance were on the scene but couldn't revive the child.

They also responded to the scene of a death ruled to be the result of natural causes.

"It was a tough day. There was another death that officers responded to of natural causes, it was a day that weighed heavy on all of our hearts, it really did," says Officer Waas.