Propane fryer sparks fire in Appleton garage

APPLETON, Wis. (WBAY) - A propane fryer sparked a garage fire in Appleton Sunday.

The Appleton Fire Department was called to the 1800 block of N. Outagamie Street for smoke coming from a garage.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire. It was contained to a small area of the garage.

Crews cleared smoke from the home.

The Appleton Fire Department says the people living in the home had been using a propane fryer in the garage.

One person suffered burns while trying to put out the fire.

"Never operate grills or propane fryers inside a building or close to combustible materials," says the Appleton Fire Department.

Crews were called to the scene at 2:03 p.m.