GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Green Bay Police are recommending five charges of armed robbery against a local man for a series of robberies across the city in November.
They've now publicly identified their suspect as Charles Skenandore, 25. He was arrested at a home on the city's far west side on November 27.
Investigators connected him to these robberies committed over 19 days:
- Toppers, Main St., on November 6
- Elf's Gifts, S. MIlitary Ave., on November 8
- Bake My Day, E. Mason St., on November 17
- Stoneridge Shell, Velp Ave., on November 21
- Subway, W. Mason St., on November 25
Skenandore was released from prison in August after serving time for thefts.
As Action 2 News reported on November 29, police believe Skenandore was committing the robberies to buy heroin.
Police also believe before some of the robberies he or a friend called 911 to report a fake crime, such as weapons or a fight, to divert police and slow their response to the robbery call.