APPLETON, Wis. (WBAY) - The Appleton Fire Department has lit up the red bulb in this year's Keep the Wreath Green campaign.
On Nov. 28, firefighters responded to a report of a fire in a wall of a home in the 2500 block of N. Oneida Street.
Crews found a smoldering fire in the threshold and wall near the front door.
Firefighters believe the cause is related to construction work on the home.
Fire damage was contained to the door area. The rest of the home sustained smoke damage.
No one was hurt.
It's the first red bulb for Appleton's Keep the Wreath Green campaign that started on Nov. 20. The campaign is an annual reminder about fire dangers during the holiday season.