FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WBAY) - Fond du Lac firefighters and energy crews responded to a gas leak Wednesday morning.
Fond du Lac Fire Rescue says a subcontractor hit a natural gas line in the 400 block of Star St.
Some homes were evacuated.
Alliant Energy responded to turn off the gas and check readings in the sewer lines.
In total, gas was cut to about 30 homes in the area. Gas was expected to be restored Wednesday afternoon.
Utility crews, firefighters and police checked the area before allowing residents back into their homes.
There were no reports of issues stemming from the leak.
A Tuesday evening gas leak in Sun Prairie caused an explosion that killed a firefighter and damaged several businesses.