GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - More than a dozen people and their pets are without a home after a fire on Wednesday.
Green Bay Metro Fire Department was dispatched to a 8 unit apartment complex for a basement fire.
When firefighters arrived, everyone who lived the apartment were out of the building.
Smoke was seen coming from the basement. Crews found the fire in the floor trusses, where wiring had started on fire.
The fire was put out quickly, according to Battalion Chief Dave Kolz, Green Bay Metro Fire Department.
Gas, power and water were turned off to the building. The department estimated the loss at $10,000.
The Red Cross is helping the 13 people and 3 pets that were displaced.