WASHINGTON (WBAY) - Xtava is recalling 235,000 Allure and Allure Pro hair dryers because they can shock, overheat, cause burns, melt and start fires.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says Xtava received almost 200 reports of the 2200-watt ionic ceramic hair dryers or power cords overheating, melting, exploding or catching on fire. Eighteen reported burns, including one severe burn and four who suffered blisters on their hands, wrists or finger. Two users reported minor electrical shocks.
The hair dryers were sold online by Amazon,Groupon, eBay, Walmart, and other websites since October 2014.
They were sold either individually for $15 to $60, or as part of a hair care kit including a flat iron or diffuser and hair treatment products for $20 to $80.
If you own these hair dryers, stop using them immediately. Xtava will offer a free replacement.
Owners can get more information at Recall-Xtava-Allure.expertinquiry.com or call toll-free 1-877-643-8440 weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Central Time.