Winners list and rules for Extreme Furniture Makeover
Congratulations to our WINNERS!Grand Prize - A.J. Bonnell, Forestville Runner Up - Mary Beth Pyszora, Appleton CLICK HERE if you're looking for the Extreme Furniture Makeover contest entry form.
Congratulations to our finalists!James McConnell, Green Bay Gayle Pompa, Kaukauna Kathy Kershaw, Wautoma Deb Jodarski, Sturgeon Bay Jerry Winter, Oconto Falls Cherie Oettinger, Green Bay Barbara Dailey, Greenville Terri Harrison, Ashwaubenon Bill Simonar, Denmark Sue Barth, Seymour A.J. Bonnell, Forestville Tom Heimbecher, Appleton Tom Riehle, Appleton Clifford Williams, Black Creek Sheila Moore, Algoma Debbie Dahms, Brussels Kathy Panure, Green Bay Sharon Zasada, Green Bay Bonnie Kunschke, Shawano Diane Carroll, Kimberly Carol Mills, Manitowoc
EXTREME FURNITURE MAKEOVER
from WBAY-TV and Furnitureland
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES - 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This contest is conducted by WBAY-TV (the “Station”) whose decisions are final on all matters.
- The Extreme Furniture Makeover (“Promotion”) begins at 4:30am CT, Monday, February 17 and formally ends with the announcement of the second-place winner and grand-prize winner by 7:00am CT, Friday, March 13.
- Watch Action 2 News This Morning for a chance to win prizes from Furnitureland!One keyword will be announced each day, Monday through Sunday, beginning Monday, February 17. The last keyword will be given out on Sunday, March 8.
- Viewers have until 6pm each day to submit the keyword of the day via wbay.com. (If for any reason Action 2 News This Morning is completely preempted on any given day, a keyword will simply not be given out that day.)
- Action 2 News This Morning airs from 4:30-7:00am CT Monday through Friday, and from 6:00am-7:00am and 8:00-9:00am Saturdays and Sundays on WBAY-TV2. (Please note on Sunday, March 8, Action 2 News This Morning will only air from 6:00-7:00am CT.)
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who, at the time of entry, are 18 years of age or older and live in WBAY-TV’s viewing area, which includes Menominee County, MI, and Dickinson County, MI, as well as the following Wisconsin counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Florence, Forest, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Langlade, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Portage, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, and Winnebago.
- Employees of the Station, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners (Furnitureland), other competing television stations, satellite, and cable companies in the viewing area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Limit one Grand Prize finalist per household. Finalists and members of their households are not eligible for the second-place $5,000 prize. (In the unlikely event a finalist or member of a finalist’s household is chosen among all eligible entries for the second-place prize, a new entry will be drawn.)
- All winners must each show proof of identification, sign a Contest Affidavit and Release Form, complete any paperwork required by Furnitureland, and provide the Station with a completed W-9 form (including Social Security number) for tax purposes, as he/she will receive a 1099 form if their prizes won from Gray Television for 2020 is valued at $600 or more. This required paperwork must be completed before prizes are awarded.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law. If you are announced as a daily finalist but then do not meet the eligibility requirements, your daily prize will be forfeited; you will not be a finalist for the grand prize; and no replacement name will be drawn. If you are announced as the second-place winner on March 13 and do not meet the eligibility rules and/or you or someone in your household was a finalist for the grand prize, your prize will be forfeited and another entry will be drawn (until an eligible second-place winner is found.)
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the internet. Follow the links and instructions athttp://www.wbay.com/contestsfrom any computer/mobile browser: choose and submit the correct daily keyword from the multiple choice options, and enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- Entries submitted will not be acknowledged. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- Only one entry per person and per email address per day is permitted.
WBAY will not give out keywords upon request. WBAY is not responsible for difficulties viewers may have collecting keywords, including but not limited to, problems with recording devices, timing errors, antenna/cable/satellite reception, internet reception, or live streaming.
4.PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Upon verification of eligibility, each daily winner will receive a $250 gift certificate from Furnitureland and will also become a finalist in the grand-prize drawing: a $10,000 Furnitureland shopping spree! Twenty-one daily winners will be chosen at random; those daily winners become finalists for the grand prize. Furnitureland is also offering a second-place prize of a $5,000 shopping spree. This second-place winner will be drawn from all valid entries received during the promotion.
- Odds of winning a $250 gift certificate are determined by the number of entries submitted within each day’s entry window (4:30am-6:00pm CT.) Odds of winning the $5,000 second-place prize are determined by the number of all entries received (minus finalists’ and their household members’ entries) between the start of the contest and 6:00p CT, March 8. Odds of winning the grand prize are approximately one (1) in twenty-one (21).
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities, or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Gift certificates may be used to purchase anything sold by Furnitureland. Gift certificates cannot be applied to previous purchases, and if the entire amount of the gift certificate is not used, no cash value will be returned for the unused portion. Gift certificates must be redeemed by October 1, 2020.
5.WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Each day after 6:00pm CT, one winner will be randomly chosen from all entries received during that day’s entry window. Daily winners will be announced the next day on Action 2 News This Morning. Additionally, winner information may be posted on wbay.com, WBAY’s social media sites, Furnitureland’s website, and/or Furnitureland’s social media sites. The first daily winner will be announced Tuesday, February 18, and the last daily winner will be announced Monday, March 9.
- The grand-prize winner will be selected from all the daily finalists in a live event during Action 2 News This Morning on Friday, March 13. The second-place winner will be selected after the contest entry period has closed (6:00pm CT Sunday, March 8) and will be announced on Action 2 News This Morning on Friday, March 13.
- Each daily winner will be notified by telephone, email, and/or text. In the unlikely event a winner cannot be contacted or a finalist is determined ineligible during the contest, the qualifying spot will not be replaced and the odds of winning the grand prize are increased. WBAY-TV is not responsible for errors, problems, or difficulties in the contest including, but not limited to, internet or phone service. WBAY-TV will make reasonable attempts to contact finalists; however, if information is missing or incorrect and/or we cannot make contact to verify eligibility within three (3) business days of their entry being chosen, the qualifying prize will be forfeit and the viewer will not be eligible for the grand prize.
- All prize winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, W-9, and/or publicity release within thirty (30) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign, and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, W-9, and/or publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. An entrant who provides a mobile wireless number to the Station in connection with a promotion, including by providing a mobile number for winner notification purposes, is responsible for informing the Station if his or her number is reassigned to another person at any time before the end of the Promotion set forth in Section 1.A. of these rules, and for providing an alternative number where he or she may be reached.
- All daily-prize paperwork can be completed and daily prizes distributed during the Grand Prize Party at Furnitureland on Friday, March 13, between 4:30-7:00am CT. If a finalist is unable to attend the Grand Prize Party, alternate arrangements can be made for the Station to collect the necessary paperwork, and that finalist’s prize will be mailed to them at the address listed on the contest entry or the alternate address provided at the time of winner notification. Prizes will not be mailed to the winners without their prior consent, in which they shall agree to assume risk of loss. The Station, its sponsors, and promotional partners are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. Upon request, winners may also pick up daily prizes in person at 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. Arrangements for picking up the grand prize and second-place prize will be mutually agreed upon between the winner and Furnitureland.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize awarded by the Station. Winners will receive a 1099 tax form for any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Gray television station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Station may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Due to online streaming delays, online viewers of station programming may have difficulty participating in on-air contests. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
i.the Federal Arbitration Act applies to this agreement, and if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
ii.any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii.any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
iv.any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State or Commonwealth in which the Station is located, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that State or Commonwealth;
v.any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved in a tribunal within the State or Commonwealth in which the Station is located, and you submit to the jurisdiction of, and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of, such tribunal; and
vi.if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to Extreme Furniture Makeover Winner List or Official Rules Request, WBAY-TV, 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WBAY-TV, 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
322 East Pulaski Street
Pulaski, WI 54162
115 South Jefferson Street
Green Bay, WI 54301