Ashwaubenon man accused of stalking, beating pregnant woman
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Police arrested 24-year-old Maison Purull on Friday, August 25.
He was found in a vehicle near the Shell station on Lombardi Avenue after a stand-off with police, according to prosecutors. They added that Purull had just gotten out of prison a couple of weeks before he re-offended and allegedly hurt the same victim again.
Purull faces the following charges from the Brown County District Attorney’s Office, according to a written statement issued by the Green Bay Police Department:
- Aggravated Battery – Repeater Domestic Abuse – Repeater Domestic Abuse Assessments
- Strangulation and Suffocation Domestic Abuse Assessments – Repeater Domestic Abuse - Repeater
- Stalking Domestic Abuse Assessments – Repeater Domestic Abuse - Repeater
- Aggravated Battery – Intend Substantial Bodily Harm – Unborn - Repeater
- Disorderly Conduct Domestic Abuse Assessments – Repeater Domestic Abuse - Repeater
- Disorderly Conduct Domestic Abuse – Repeater Domestic Abuse Assessments – Repeater
- Disorderly Conduct – Repeater
- Failure to Comply with Officer’s Attempt to Take Person into Custody – Repeater
- Obstructing an Officer – Repeater
- Possession with Intent to Deliver THC – Repeater
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – Repeater
- Bail Jumping – Repeater – Two Counts
In court, the state went over the lengthy records, asking for a $100,000 cash bond for Purull. It was noted that he had a poor performance on bond with five prior bail-jumping convictions.
The state said that he is a repeat domestic offender who is dangerous and these charges are very serious. The high bond should reflect that.
“He violently beat up a 28-week pregnant woman and then she went into labor as a result of that beating. The baby is in the NICU and is 2.5 pounds and is facing significant health challenges. The victim felt he was going to kill her and probably the baby as well,” the prosecutor said.
The Court Commissioner agreed to the $100,000 cash bond as well as a no-contact order with the victim and the victim’s family.
Purull is due back in court next month.
Anyone with information related to this case is encouraged to call Green Bay Police at (920) 448-3200 and reference case #23-247017. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at (920) 432-STOP (7867). You may also submit a tip online at www.432stop.com, or utilize the “P3 Tips” app.
Copyright 2023 WBAY. All rights reserved.