Chickens die in Greenville shed fire
GREENVILLE, Wis. (WBAY) - Some chickens died in a fire in Greenville Sunday night.
At 7:36 p.m., the Greenville Fire Department was called to W7554 Spring Road. They found a 120x40′ machine shed on fire.
The shed was close to a two-story barn, and winds from the east fanned the flames to the larger structure.
Greenville called in mutual aid to help fight the fire.
Some chickens died. The shed and its contents were destroyed.
“Thankfully however a much larger loss was averted thanks to the amazing team work exhibited by of all the area fire departments and partners responding last night,” reads a post on the Greenville Fire Department and First Responders Facebook page.
Firefighters called in an excavator to pull apart the shed. The crews were then able to put out the smoldering hay bales.
Copyright 2021 WBAY. All rights reserved.