NORTHEAST WISCONSIN (WBAY) - Getting kids dressed for school won’t be easy for every family when colder weather comes.
To make sure every child has a warm coat this winter, WBAY teams up with the Salvation Army and area partners to collect Coats for Kids, now in its 30th year.
Starting Tuesday, September 12, and through Friday, November 3, the community is asked to donate a new or gently used coat for toddlers, kids and teens. New or gently used mittens and hats are needed, too. Look through your closets and boxes and bins in your basements or attics.
Bring your donations to one of the many drop-off site in Northeast Wisconsin listed below. Our partners will take care of cleaning the coats, mittens and hats and distributing them to kids all over Northeast Wisconsin.
Families who need winter clothing should contact the Salvation Army to register.
Other opportunities to donate:
• Sunday, Sept. 24: Coats for Kids collection at Lambeau Field before the 3:25 p.m. Packers-Bengals game
• Wednesday, Oct. 4: Papa Murphy’s Dough-Raising Day, donating a percentage of each take and bake pizza sale to buy new coats
• Saturday, Oct. 7, and Sunday, Oct. 8: Free admission to the Corn Maze in Chilton between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. with coat donation
• Saturday, Oct. 14: Fox Cities Oshkosh Farmers Market collection
• Saturday, Oct. 21: Mall collection at Bay Park Square
• Saturday, Oct. 21, and Saturday, Oct. 28: Coats for Kids collections at Fox River Mall
Check back, as we’ll add drop-off sites and donation opportunities as they’re announced. Mobile users, if you don’t see the list below click here.