Early morning house fire leaves two people displaced

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Green Bay Metro Fire Department battled an early morning fire on Tuesday.

The department says the fire damage was contained to the basement with smoke damage to the first floor.

The people living in the single family home escaped without injury.

Firefighters said the closet hydrant to the home was frozen when they arrived. Freezing water also made the area on LaCount road very slippery.

The Fire Marshal's Office said it might have started near a fireplace.

Green Bay Metro Fire Department says two people are displaced and estimated loss of $70,000.