Home damaged in Appleton fire

APPLETON, Wis. (WBAY) - Two people escaped a house fire in Appleton Thursday night.

Fire crews were dispatched to 601 W. Parkway Boulevard for a report of a structure fire.

When they arrived, they saw smoke and flames coming from the front of the home.

Appleton Fire Department says the fire was confined to a chair in the living room of the home. Other areas have heat and smoke damage.

The two people, now displaced from the home, say the fire started in the living room and one tried to put it out with a pan of water, but was unsuccessful.

No one was injured. Appleton Fire Department says the home had a working carbon monoxide detector, but no working smoke alarms.



 
We welcome comments and civil discussions. powered by Disqus