Dehumidifier fire injures two, displaces four in Allouez

Burned up dehumidifier
Dehumidifier blamed for Allouez house fire on March 26, 2017 (Green Bay Metro Fire Dept. photo)
By  | 

ALLOUEZ, Wis. (WBAY) - Green Bay Metro Fire Department officials said a dehumidifier caused a fire in an Allouez home shortly before 11 a.m. Sunday.

Crews were dispatched to the 800 block of Karl Street in Allouez at 10:53 a.m. for a basement fire in a single-family house.

When they arrived, they were told all residence had evacuated the building.

Crews saw smoke and found small amount of fire in the basement.

The fire was quickly put out and smoke was vented from the house.

One person was brought to the hospital by ambulance because of injuries associated with the fire.

Damage is estimated at $8,000.

Green Bay Metro Fire Department is urging people to check their dehumidifier to be sure it is not recalled.