OSHKOSH, Wis. (WBAY) - A search of Oshkosh West High School after a bomb threat Thursday morning didn't find anything suspicious, the police department says.
The Oshkosh Area School District says students and staff were evacuated from the building at 10:52 a.m. Lunch was held at the football field during evacuation, and students were eventually dismissed.
The Brown-Outagamie County Bomb Squad searched the building with the help of the police department.
Staff and students are now cleared to enter the school. Students who need to retrieve their belongings should enter at Door 24 in the student parking lot between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
The school district says it's going to work out how West students and staff will make up the lost instructional minutes.
Events scheduled for after school:
• All homecoming activities for tonight are canceled
• Freshman football at Hortonville is taking place.
• Varsity and JV Football practice is taking place as communicated via the head coach.
• Girls Tennis matches are being played at Oshkosh North High School.
• Girls Golf meet is postponed.
• Girls Golf practice is canceled.
• Girls Volleyball at Appleton North is postponed.
• Volleyball practice is canceled.
• JVA Soccer at Fond du Lac is taking place.
• Varsity is taking place as communicated via the head coach.
• JVB Soccer practice is canceled.
• Cross Country practice is taking place as communicated via the head coach.
• Girls Swimming practice is taking place as communicated via the head coach.
• Boys Basketball open gym is canceled.
Classes at Oshkosh West resume with their normal schedule Friday.
The district says the threat did not impact other schools. Buses ran on a normal schedule for all other schools in the district.
If you have information about the bomb threat or something that could help investigators, you could be eligible for a $1,000 reward.
You can pass your tip anonymously by calling Winnebago Countywide Crime Stoppers at (920) 231-8477, texting 274637 with the keyword IGOTYA and the information, or going online to the Crime Stoppers website.