Furnitureland in Pulaski is giving away $20,000 worth of furniture and decor!
- Twenty $250 gift certificates as daily prizes!
- A $5,000 second-place prize!
- And a $10,000 Grand Prize!
Enter at Facebook.com/WBAYTV
You do NOT need to be a Facebook member to enter.
Daily winners and the second-place winner are drawn from ALL the entries to date, so the more you enter the better your chances. You'll get a special link when you enter to share with family and friends who could earn you even more entries.
Be sure to read the complete rules. Here they are!
FURNITURELAND $20,000 GIVEAWAY
from WBAY-TV and Furnitureland
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES - 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This contest is conducted by WBAY-TV (the “Station”) whose decisions are final on all matters.
1. PROMOTION DATES
- The Furnitureland $20,000 Giveaway contest (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01am CT, Monday, February 19 and formally ends with the announcement of the second place winner and grand prize winner by 10:00pm CT, Monday, March 12.
- The deadline for entering this Promotion is 11:59pm CT, Saturday, March 10.
- Viewers will have until 11:59p each calendar day, beginning February 19 and ending March 10, to enter the contest and be eligible to be the daily prize winner the following calendar day. Twenty (20) daily winners will be drawn beginning February 20 and ending March 11. Viewers need only enter the contest once to be eligible for all subsequent daily drawings. For example, anyone who enters the contest between 12:01am and 11:59pm CT on Monday, February 19 will be eligible for the daily prize winner drawing on Tuesday, February 20, and each daily drawing from that point on until the Promotion ends. Viewers can enter once per calendar day to increase their chances of winning.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who, at the time of entry, are 18 years of age or older and live in WBAY-TV’s viewing area, which includes Menominee County, MI, and Dickinson County, MI, as well as the following Wisconsin counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Florence, Forest, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Langlade, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Portage, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, and Winnebago.
- Employees of the Station, its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners (Furnitureland), other competing television stations, satellite, and cable companies in the viewing area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Limit one Grand Prize finalist per household. Finalists and members of their households are not eligible for the second place $5,000 prize. (In the unlikely event a finalist or member of a finalist’s household is chosen among all eligible entries for the second place prize, a new entry will be drawn.)
- The Grand Prize and second place winners must each show proof of identification, sign a Contest Affidavit and Release Form, complete any paperwork required by Furnitureland, and provide the Station with a completed W-9 form (including Social Security number) for tax purposes, as he/she will receive a 1099 form. This required paperwork must be completed before prizes are awarded.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law. If you are announced as a daily finalist but then do not meet the eligibility requirements, your daily prize will be forfeited; you will not be a finalist for the grand prize; and no replacement name will be drawn. If you are announced as the second place winner on March 12 and do not meet the eligibility rules and/or you or someone in your household was a finalist for the grand prize, your prize will be forfeited and another entry will be drawn (until an eligible second place winner is found.)
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via Facebook at www.facebook.com/wbaytv. Simply click on the contest link and follow the instructions to enter and submit the required information, including your first name, last name, complete mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address. Viewers do not have to be members of Facebook, nor are viewers required to like or follow WBAY-TV’s Facebook page, in order to enter this promotion.
- After entering, viewers will be given the option to share a contest link with friends. A unique link will be created for each person who enters, and that link can be shared with friends:
- via Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest (viewers must have accounts with these services to use them for sharing);
Viewers will receive one extra entry for each friend who uses their unique link to enter this promotion. When sharing, viewers must disclose they get extra contest entries for each friend who enters via that link.
- Entries submitted will not be acknowledged. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability for the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. You are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- Only one entry per person per day is permitted.
4. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Upon verification of eligibility, each daily winner will receive a $250 gift certificate from Furnitureland and will also become a finalist in the grand prize drawing: a $10,000 Furnitureland shopping spree! Furnitureland is also offering a second place prize of a $5,000 shopping spree. This second place winner will be drawn from all valid entries received during the promotion.
- Odds of winning a $250 gift certificate are determined by the number of entries submitted between the start of the promotion (12:01am CT, February 19) and 11:59pm CT the calendar day preceding the daily drawing. Odds of winning the $5,000 second place prize are determined by the number of all entries received (minus finalists’ and their household members’ entries) between the start of the contest and 11:59p CT, March 10. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are approximately one (1) in twenty (20).
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities, or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Gift certificates may be used to purchase anything sold by Furnitureland. Gift certificates cannot be applied to previous purchases, and if the entire amount of the gift certificate is not used, no cash value will be returned for the unused portion. Gift certificates must be redeemed by October 1, 2018.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
A. Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
B. Each day, one winner will be randomly chosen from all entries received from the start of the contest through 11:59pm CT the previous calendar day. Daily prize winners will be announced at wbay.com/contests. Additionally, winner information may be posted on WBAY’s Facebook page and/or Furnitureland’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FurniturelandPulaski) via posts and/or Facebook Live. The first daily winner will be chosen Tuesday, February 20, and the last daily winner will be chosen Sunday, March 11.
C. The Grand Prize and second place winners will be drawn at random on Monday, March 12. Winners will be announced by Furnitureland in a Facebook Live video (and may additionally be posted on WBAY and Furnitureland’s Facebook pages and/or at wbay.com/contests) by 6:00pm CT, Monday, March 12.
D. Each daily winner will be notified by telephone, email, and/or text. In the unlikely event a winner cannot be contacted or a finalist is determined ineligible during the contest, the qualifying spot will not be replaced and the odds of winning the grand prize are increased. WBAY-TV is not responsible for errors, problems, or difficulties in the contest including, but not limited to, internet or phone service. WBAY-TV will make reasonable attempts to contact finalists; however, if information is missing or incorrect and/or we cannot make contact to verify eligibility within five (5) business days of their entry being chosen, the qualifying prize will be forfeit and the viewer will not be eligible for the grand prize.
E. Grand Prize and second place winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, W-9, and/or publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Alternate winners may be chosen by random drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign, and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, W-9, and/or publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. An entrant who provides a mobile wireless number to the Station in connection with a promotion, including by providing a mobile number for winner notification purposes, is responsible for informing the Station if his or her number is reassigned to another person at any time before the end of the Promotion set forth in Section 1.A. of these rules, and for providing an alternative number where he or she may be reached.
F. Unless otherwise agreed upon, all daily prizes will be mailed to the finalists at the address listed on the contest entry or the alternate address provided at the time of winner notification. Prizes will not be mailed to the winners without their prior consent, in which they shall agree to assume risk of loss. The Station, its sponsors, and promotional partners are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. Upon request, winners may pick up daily prizes in person at 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. Arrangements for picking up the grand prize and second place prize will be mutually agreed upon between the winner and Furnitureland. Winners will forfeit any prize not claimed within thirty (30) days of the contest end date.
A. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Gray television station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
B. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Station may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
C. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
D. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
E. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
F. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Due to online streaming delays, online viewers of station programming may have difficulty participating in on-air contests. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
G. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
i. the Federal Arbitration Act applies to this agreement, and if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
ii. any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii. any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
iv. any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State or Commonwealth in which the Station is located, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that State or Commonwealth;
v. any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved in a tribunal within the State or Commonwealth in which the Station is located, and you submit to the jurisdiction of, and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of, such tribunal; and
vi. if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to Extreme Furniture Makeover Winner List or Official Rules Request, WBAY-TV, 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WBAY-TV, 115 South Jefferson Street, Green Bay, WI 54301. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
322 East Pulaski Street
Pulaski, WI 54162
115 South Jefferson Street
Green Bay, WI 54301